Guests We Serve
Caring for a family member is an act of love and respect. But sometimes, it can be difficult to do alone if your loved one is aging or suffers from a life-altering disease. Independent Adult Day Centers was founded to provide our Guests with the care they need whether they are at the day center or in their home. We provide in-center Adult Day Services and at-home services including Attendant Care, Health Care Coordination and Home Health Care.
IADC caters to Guests with disabilities, cognitive decline, and many other health challenges. We proudly serve aging Guests who can no longer be at home alone when their family is out of the house at work or running errands. We provide our Guests with care, experiences, and activities that they cannot get from a family caregiver alone.
Guests We Serve at IADC
Many aging adults have increasing care needs and are not safe to be alone for long periods of time.We provide supervision and professional care that allows our Guests’ families time to work, run errands or take care of the home while giving them the peace of mind that their loved one is being well cared for at one of our Centers or through our in-home Attendant Care.
We also serve younger adults who live at home but need special attention and extra care during the day. Some of the younger Guests we serve suffer from strokes, seizures, autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities or other life-altering diseases.
Alzheimer’s is a heartbreaking disease that affects 6.5 million Americans. No matter what stage of Alzheimer’s disease your loved one is in, our Adult Day Services and in-home services ensure they’re supervised and well cared for. At our Centers, IADC provides Alzheimer’s Guests with a lifestyle enrichment program with meaningful and engaging activities. Our at-home services offer skilled nursing, assist with Activities of Daily Living and provide transportation to doctor’s appointments.
If your loved one suffers from dementia, you understand how difficult it can be to properly care for him or her. Allowing your loved one to continue to live at home without additional help becomes nearly impossible for those who have other responsibilities like work, caring for other family members, or want to get out of the house for some time to themselves. All of our employees are expertly trained in caring for dementia patients. We’re certified through Dementia Friends of Indiana, a group that seeks to break the stigma surrounding dementia and help make life easier for families impacted by dementia.
We proudly serve and care for veterans who need assistance due to advanced age or other medical issues such as Alzheimer’s or dementia.
Guests with Parkinson’s disease can suffer from uncontrollable movements and difficulty with balance and coordination. Those with advanced progression can eventually struggle to talk and walk. Our professionals can administer medication, assist in feeding meals, and take them to all necessary medical appointments.
Seizure Disorders and Strokes
Seizures and strokes can strike unexpectedly, and if you’re not home to care for your loved one, they may not get the help they need. When your loved one spends the day at one of our centers, they get the constant monitoring and supervision they need. If any medical issues do occur, we have a nursing staff on-site to provide the proper care for your loved one. We can also provide care for your loved one through our at-home services.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Caring for someone with a traumatic brain injury can be an around-the-clock job that you may struggle to do alone. Trust the professionals at Independent Adult Day Centers to provide the care your loved one needs and deserves.
Services Offered in the Centers
Some of the advantages of having your loved one visit one of our three Indianapolis area Centers during the day include:
- Nutritious meals. Many of our Guests rave about the high quality of food at IADC. We offer breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. All of our meals are made from top-quality ingredients, and the menus are approved by a registered dietician.
- Activities and socialization. There’s no shortage of fun to be had at our Centers. Through our lifestyle enrichment program, our Guests can take part in activities throughout the day, including arts and crafts; cooking and baking; music; and animal and horticultural therapy. We also offer weekly community outings to restaurants, museums, parks and more. New activities are added frequently at our centers and activities are chosen by our Guests.
- Transportation. We provide daily transportation services to and from our Guests’ homes and our Centers each day. We can pick up guests who live within a 10-mile radius of one of our three Centers.
- Medical care. IADC also offers a full range of medical services on-site. Care is administered by a full-time LPN and/or RN. Our team can provide skilled nursing care, medication management, chronic disease monitoring and quarterly health assessments.
At Home Services Provided by IADC
- Home Health Care. Through our Home Health Care program, we can provide your loved one with skilled nursing, including medication administration, wound care, pain management, and blood draws. We can also provide physical, speech and occupational therapy.
- Health Care Coordination. IADC’s Health Care Coordination program is a multifaceted program that caters to each Guests’ individual needs. Our HCC program is run by a team of licensed nurses. Services include: medication management, scheduling and accompanying Guests to medical appointments, chronic disease management and education.
- Attendant Care. Our staff provides in-home assistance with Activities of Daily Living for your loved one through our Attendant Care program. You’ll gain peace of mind knowing your loved one is being well cared for throughout the day while you’re away. IADC’s Attendant Care services include light housekeeping, Activities of Daily Living, meal planning and preparation, shopping and errands, and companionship.
Pay For Care
IADC is happy to discuss the payment options we offer to pay for the care of your loved one. Many of our Guests pay privately for Adult Day Services and Attendant Care. The cost of care starts at as little as $45 per visit. Adult Day Services are covered under the Indiana Medicaid Aged & Disabled and Traumatic Brain Injury Waiver programs, and the Veterans Administration, as well as most Long-Term Care insurance plans. Attendant Care and Health Care Coordination are covered under the A&D and TBI waivers. For Home Health Care, we accept Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans.
Contact Independent Adult Day Centers to Learn More About Our Services
At IADC, our goal is to offer services to your loved one to continue to reside at home safely and experience a full and enriching life, which provides respite for you or a caregiver. Please reach out to us today to learn more about our services.