Adult Day Services
At Independent Adult Day Centers, our mission is to allow our Guests to continue to live at home and maximize their quality of life by providing personal and medical care in one of our three Indianapolis area Centers through our daytime Adult Day Services.
Our services provide an alternative to nursing homes, assisted living facilities and other institutional care. We are committed to helping you or your loved one maintain independence, dignity and respect. Our team includes highly qualified directors, nurses, CNAs and professionally trained direct care support to meet the unique needs of each Guest.
If caring for a family member or loved one has become overwhelming due to work obligations or other responsibilities, Independent Adult Day Centers is here to help. We can tailor a plan to meet your loved one’s specific needs. For more information about our services, contact Independent Adult Day Centers today.
Enriching the lives of our Guests is at the forefront of what we do at Independent Adult Day Centers. We believe that providing great care means creating a warm atmosphere and providing a stimulating, rewarding experience each time a Guest visits us. Our Guests form strong relationships with other Guests and our employees. We like to have fun at Independent Adult Day Centers!
Our Guests enjoy taking part in weekly community outings to local restaurants or attractions such as museums and parks. We engage our Guests by offering activities like cooking and baking; animal and horticultural therapy; music, arts and crafts; movies; and physical activity. Independent Adult Day Centers offers concurrent activities throughout the day, so that we have options to suit a broad range of interests and abilities. We offer interactive and engaging projects and live entertainment and special events.
We are proud to offer activities designed specifically for our Guests with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
Some of our core activities include:
- StayFIT: to promote physical well-being through yoga, Tai Chi, walking clubs, dancing, stretching, and chair exercises. At least one physical exercise activity is offered daily.
- MindFIT: to promote working memory and strengthening of neuroplasticity. We offer cognitive activities such as games and puzzles daily.
- MusicFIT: to awaken, motivate and soothe the mood. Music therapists are often brought into the Center, along with weekly performances by local musicians and dancers.
- LearnFIT: to teach new skills, no matter the Guest’s age. Weekly programs are offered as opportunities to learn things such as quilting, computers and technology, crafting techniques, genealogy and more.
At Independent Adult Day Centers, we are truly a home away from home.
Activities of Daily Living
We understand that your loved one may need assistance with basic functions throughout the day. Our professionally trained staff, which includes certified nurses, can assist with the following:
Another important benefit of our Adult Day Services is our full range of medical services.
In-Center Medical care is administered by a full-time LPN and supervised by an RN. Our other medical services include:
- Skilled nursing care. We have LPN and certified nursing and medical staff on-site daily with expertise in trach, G-tube, and catheter care.
- Medication management, including reminders and administration.
- Chronic disease monitoring for diabetes, CHF, COPD and more.
- Quarterly health assessments for all Guests.
The Adult Day Services team is part of the IADC continuum of care and works closely with your family and their physician. We are able to share updates on changes in condition/care plans and coordinate scheduled care across service lines.
Custom Nutrition Plans
If you ask our Guests what their favorite thing is about visiting Independent Adult Day Centers – they’ll probably say it’s the food. It’s that good! All of our chef-prepared meals are made from scratch daily in our full-service kitchens. We serve breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack daily, at no additional cost.
Our meals are low in refined carbohydrates and other ingredients shown to cause inflammation. We use top-quality ingredients, from local farms whenever possible. We do not serve packaged or processed foods, and all of our menus are approved by a registered dietician.
We tailor our offerings for special diets: diabetic, renal, gluten-free, dairy-free, mechanical soft, puree, and more.
We provide door-to-door transportation to and from our Guests’ homes and our Centers in the morning and afternoon in our wheelchair-accessible vans. Our drivers assist the Guests from their homes to the vans. We can pick up Guests who live within a 10-mile radius of one of our three Indianapolis area Centers.
Transportation is also provided for community outings where our Guests can enjoy local restaurants and entertainment.
Virtual Adult Day Services
We proudly offer Virtual Adult Day Services in situations where our Guests are unable to come to one of our Centers. Additional services for our Virtual Adult Day Services Guests include:
- Care packages delivered daily with interactive activities, crafts, and two scratch-made meals with the same quality that Guests can expect in the Center.
- Wellness check-in calls provided by our nursing team.
- Virtual activities offered through Facebook Live.
IADC has three convenient locations in the Indianapolis area, including:
- NE Indy Hamilton County. The first Center of its kind in Hamilton County, our Fishers’ Center is located just north of Allisonville Road and 116th Street. The Center services Northeast Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville and the surrounding areas.
- Northwest Indianapolis. Located off of West 86th Street, just west of Michigan Road in Indianapolis, our 11,000 square-foot Northwest Indianapolis location is newly designed and renovated to service the Northwest Indianapolis area.
- Indianapolis South. Our Indianapolis South location is conveniently located just off of the Raymond Street exit on Interstate 65 and serves residents in downtown and South Indianapolis. The 9,500 square-foot foot facility is also newly designed and renovated.
Contact Independent Adult Day Centers Today
If you need assistance caring for your loved one but want them to remain at home, Independent Adult Day Centers is ready to meet your needs. To learn more about our unique services offered in the Indianapolis area, contact Independent Adult Day Centers today.